- What is windows error code 0X80240031?
- Why does the error code pop up?
- What are the symptoms of stop error 0X80240031?
- How to fix it?
What is windows error code 0X80240031?
This error code 0X80240031 occurs when you update windows8 through the windows store; a 0X80240031 error code comes up on screen when the download reaches 50% only and one error message shown on the screen:
“File is not the right format”
Why does the error code pop up?
Many several reasons or causes for this error code 0X80240031.Some of them are given below:
- Installing faulty hardware, Software or drive.
- Damage Boot sector.
- Registry files corruption.
- Lost system files.
- Virus infection.
- Installing incompatible hardware or software.
You need to fix this error code immediately to prevent from DLL error, BSOD error, system crash etc.
What are the symptoms of stop error 0X80240031?
They are many symptoms of this Stop error code 0X80240031; some main symptoms are System gets slow, program fails to run, system freezes, system start up problem and system shut down problem. Missing or not found DLL error, blue screen of death and stop error message prompts on the screen are also a common symptoms of this error.
How to fix it?
In order to fix this error you may apply either manual or automatically. Some manual steps to fix this error in your PC are:
- Uninstall recently installed software, hardware and device driver and test this error again.
- Fix Windows OS with Installation Disk.
- Update all PC driver and software. Also update windows OS and install newest service Pack.
- Scan entire PC with high-quality antivirus software.
- Make System Restore- If you are able to start your PC then Restore your system at earlier point. It will fix BSOD error easily.
If you want to easily fix this error then you need to use automated repair tool. This third party repair tool repair the entire problem related to your Windows PC error. This tool is specially designed to fix all stop errors like BSOD errors, registry errors, missing files issues, driver and update issues, and virus or malware removal etc in few moments.