The error message 1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime occurs when you try to install any software in windows and the installation becomes failed. You can fix runtime error 1607 here. You are not able to install any software due to this error. This runtime is very critical to remove. This error occurs due to many causes that depend on your system which cause is matched. You will know the causes and the solution of runtime error code 1607 in this page. If you want to know about the reasons then see the below.
How runtime error 1607 occurs?
The runtime issue 1607 has many causes that depend on the following condition that are given in the below lines.
- The error may occur due to running the setup program from the virtual device that is created via subst command.
- It may be also the driver IDriver.exe is not registered correctly or the installer Msiexec.exe is also not registered correctly.
- The users account does not have the permission to install the software in the computer.
- It may be also another instance of Msiexec.exe is running in the computer or another windows installer program is running in the computer.
- If all the reasons not matched then it is sure that your windows xp is damage.
Solution of runtime error 1607
Process to remove runtime error 1607 is available with full process in this article. If you are getting runtime error 1607 in windows xp then you can fix runtime error 1607 from reading and applying the process that is given below. There are many ways given to solve this error check which way is suitable for you.
If the running programs via a virtual drive that is created by subst command then you have to delete the virtual drive and run the setup program from the physical hard disk. For delete the virtual drive open run window from start button then type subst drive_letter: /d and then press enter.
You can also Register Idriver and Msiexec to solve this error. To register it follows the instructions.
- Type C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\
\Intel 32\IDriver.exe” /REGSERVER in the run window from start button and then press ok.
- Then type C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /REGSERVER in the run window and then press ok.
You have another process to remove runtime error 1607 that is stop the other instances of windows installer to stop it. Right click on task bar after that click on task manager. Click on the process tab and then click on Msiexec.exe process in the list and then click on end the process and then click yes and follow the rest step from the wizard.