You may get disk read error on your PC while booting your computer. It is the most famous error that number of windows users face and if you are also facing this error then keep in mind that you are not alone. This error may appear in following ways:
“A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart”
What is disk read error?
“A disk read error occurred” is an error message of XP, Vista or Windows 7 that appears before launching operating system. This error generally forced for restarting your PC by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del. If you are getting this error it means you are unable to start your pc and will be put in infinite restart.
Why it occurred?
There are various reasons that may cause this error on your pc. Some of them are given below.
- Mostly this error indicates towards hard drive corruption. When the boot sector of hard drive got damaged then operating system unable to boot from hard drive and resulting raise disk error.
- There are various Trojans or virus that straightly attack boot sector area.
- Incomplete or improper installation of windows OS may also raise this error.
- Corrupted or damaged registry file is the one of the big reason behind this error message.
- Missing windows dll file may cause this error.
- Improper booting your PC or immediate power failure damages the boot sector area of hard drive.
Above are the most common reasons behind “disk read error occurred”. If your PC has encountered any situation from the above option then you need to follow given instructions to fix disk read error occurred from hard drive.
How to fix disk read error if it occurs?
In order to fix disk read error do the following steps.
- Keep trying to restart your pc. After trying 8-10 times you will be able to boot your pc.
- Press reset button on CPU. It will reset booting and safely restart your pc.
- If you have started your PC then immediately restore your PC and keep backup of important data on external media.
- If you have original windows installation disk then repair your OS using installation disk.
- The best is if your hard drive is on warranty then submits it to the service center and asks for new one or replaces your hard drive with new hard drive.
- Start your PC in a safe mode.
If you are unable to fix disk read error and need some professional solution to fix this error then there are number of tools available online that may fix boot sector error from hard drive. Advanced System Repair Tool is one of the best tools that smartly fix boot sector area, registry file, missing dll files and smoothly run your PC. It is all in one solution for your pc that not only fixes entire PC problem but also make fast your pc speed by optimizing various areas of PC.