After installing windows xp, vista, 7 or 8 you may get Windows update error 0X80240036 while updating windows OS. This windows error may stop your operating systems from latest updates. Because of security reasons it is necessary to have all windows updates installed on your PC. Some basic but useful tips are given below that will help you to fix update error 0X80240036 easily.
This error mostly occurs when some of important windows files get deleted, damaged or corrupted by virus, Trojan, malware or installing an incompatible software or hardware. Sometimes application crashes, unexpectedly system shutdown, hardware crashes may also damage system files. This system files might be sys files, ocx files, vxd files, dll files, exe files, inf files and so on.
Not only getting Windows update error 0X80240036 but you will also face various trouble when these files missing. Some of common symptoms are given below:
1. Superb slow system performance
2. Unexpected error messages
3. Unable to run various programs
4. System freezes
5. Takes long time to shutdown or freezes while shutting down PC
6. Automatic system restarts etc
These all are very common symptoms that clearly indicates that your PC under threat and may be crashed any time.
How to fix Windows update error 0X80240036 error?
In order to remove windows error 0X80240036 do the following steps carefully.
1. Sometimes system updates don’t work so download any third party windows update agent.
2. Now open command prompt by hitting cmd on run command and type ‘net stop wuauserv’ in cmd and hit enter
3. Now run ‘net stop bits’ on command prompt
4. Run windows update agent
5. Open command prompt and type ‘Net Start Wuauserv’
6. Run ‘Net Start bits’
7. Restart your system
8. Go for windows updates
By this way you will be able to update windows easily. If this trick doesn’t work then you need extra steps solution.
Fix Windows update error 0X80240036 using Advanced System Repair Tool
Advanced System Repair Tool is one of the best PC optimizer tool that repairs corrupted or damaged system files, download missing files and optimize system performance and boost pc speed. It scan entire PC for errors and fix all them in single click. This is all in one system care that repairs registry errors and fixes Windows update error 0X80240036 easily. You must run a free scan of this tool on your PC to fix error.