Error code 0x80004002 is commonly associated with being unable to successfully update, or downloading Microsoft any new versions. This windows error code 0x80004002 can occur after incorrectly installing a windows XP service pack or as a result of software conflicts with your latest versions of windows update error. This error appears on your system; it means that your system registry files corresponding with Wups2.dll are missing, not working, or viral infected. In this case, you may also receive an error message they like that:
“Cannot transfer file download to IDM”
If you’re facing above windows update error code 0x80004002 it means that the important software that enhances overall security and efficiency. The main reasons behinds this update error code 0x80004002, they are some corruption in registry settings, poor maintenance of registry, and poor windows update management, complications with an XP Service Pack Installation, viral infections and malware or adware attack etc.
- This update error code 0x80004002 may also occur one or more of the following situation is likely to be true:
Your system current version of windows update is not installed and registered correctly in your PC.
- You execute a clean install of Windows XP SP2, and then you install Windows XP SP3 before you update the windows update software to the current versions of windows.
- You can use the Windows XP SP2 CD for your Windows XP service pack 2(SP2) installation, and then you install windows XP service pack 3 (SP3) before you update the windows update software to the current versions.
How to solve error code 0x80004002
You can fix windows update error code 0x80004002 through these powerful steps are given listed below:
- You can always update your older driver for your system device, because the older or outdated driver is may also crate this type of windows updating error occur on your system.
- You should also download and installed windows update agent, for the latest versions of your windows operating system.
- If you have face this windows update error on your system then you can register windows update files.
- You should restore your computer, because some time restoring the computer is the best way to solve update error from the system.
Mainly wrong registry setting create a big problem in all windows errors, so, you need to fix or repair your registry setting. But remember, if you are a novice in the computer then you do not take a risk to repair your registry setting, because self-editing in this and you create a small mistake it result in your system hangs or failure. So, we recommended to you will use any third party repair tool, that can easily fix your problem and also fix your all windows update error from your device or system.