Windows error code 0x80070490 is usually happens when the Microsoft operating system is not capable to download important files due to a broken Component Based Servicing (CBS) manifest. We known the CBS is the most important part of the servicing stack, which contains files and resources dependable for optimal system functioning and the accurate display of windows images. When registry files linked with the CBS are missing, damaged or malfunctioning, windows is not capable to create important updates and error codes like 0x80070490 frequently appear on windows system. The error you are seeing will usually show in this format:
Error code: 0x80070490
“Element not found”
Complete solution to fix windows update error code 0x80070490
To solve windows update error code 0x80070490 via some manual ways. Following are the manually steps to fix this windows error:
- To update via windows CD:
- First of all close all the application and insert your windows CD in the DVD drive.
- Click on the install NOW button.
- If a window does not detect the DVD; then follow these steps:
• Click on the start menu
• Then search “Drive: \setup.exe”
• After this in programs list
• Select “setup.exe”
• Then click on install now.
- Click on the “Go online to obtain latest update for installation”
- Type CD key if required or needed.
- Choose operating system in “install windows” page you want to install.
- Accept the Microsoft license terms.
- Click on upgrade when asked which installation your want.
- Once installation is complete, then reboot your computer
- Try installing update again.
- To run the system update readiness tool:
- Run System File Checker.
- From the command line run the command:
- SFC /scannow
- Review the CBS logs
- Uninstall the patches which were missing assemblies
- Restart the server.
- Reinstall the update.
If you want to use most easy way to solve windows update error code 0x80070490 then you can also use third party repair tool to easily fix this error form your system.