When you start your system and try to connect to an FTP site by using the FTP utility, while doing this process sometimes you might have received “530 User cannot login” error message on your system. This you may find while performing certain issues such as when you try to install Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 running in windows 7 or windows server 2008 R2 in your system, by using IIS 7.5 when you create an FTP site, when you allow to work Client Certificate authentication and Active Directory User Isolation on the FTP site in all these above condition you receive given above error message. This is due to because of only Basic authentication is enabling for Active Directory User Isolation. Basic authentication is the scheme which is mostly used for collecting user name and password information. This helps to transmit user names and passwords in the network. But when any problem occurs in Basic authentication then you face this type of problem.
Why this error occurs?
- If in the User manager, the username doesn’t have the Log on locally permission.
- If in the user manager, the username don’t have the Access this computer from the network permission.
- The domain name may not be precise together with the username.
- The Allow only anonymous connections security setting may be changed into the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- If Basic authentication only is permit for Active Directory User Isolation then you receive this error.
What are the symptoms?
“530 User cannot login”
“530 User <username> cannot log in.
When you try to perform any of the above issue then you might have faced either of the following error on your on screen system.
How to fix this windows error?
To fix this error you have to clear the Allow only anonymous connections check box and try to use SSL for your FTP site.
- Follow the steps to clear the Allow only anonymous connections check box:-
- Start the Internet Service Manager (ISM) ISM and for the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) load the the Internet Information Server (IIS).
- You will see the default FTP site folder, right click on this folder and form the lists click on properties option.
- Clear Allow only anonymous connections security check box from the Security Accounts tab.
- Click on ok button.
You can also use third party repair too to fix this error because third party repair tool solve all your windows problems easily and permanently. You need to just download this tool and install in your system.