If error code 0x80000FFFF in windows vista occurs when you are downloading updates then don’t irritate. You will get the error solution here. As we know that update for any operating system is necessary for us. The update in any application means a new version is available for the particular software or many new features added in the same version. In computer or software field daily new updates launched. Microsoft is one of the best software company in the world. It launched many software’s and operating systems. Windows vista is the most popular operating system of windows. If you want to update windows vista then in the process of downloading you will get 0x80000FFFF error code. You will know how this error generates in the next paragraph.
How the error code 0x80000FFFF occurs in vista
As we know this is a windows update error so it may be it comes through network problem or connection problem because a huge amount of file is available in update package. These files require huge memory space so a good strength and top speed connection is required for update like 3G. If the connection is ok then it may be comes through incorrect registry value in these registry files.
Fix error code 0x80000FFFF
You have two options available to remove this error from your system. First is that you can fix error code 0x80000FFFF from Microsoft fix it. This file is downloaded from Microsoft website that is provided by Microsoft. This removes your error easily and then you can download update.
The second option is that you can remove 0x80000FFFF error manually by changing some values in registry editor.
- Open registry editor. You can open this from either run window or program search option by typing regedit. Type regedit and then press enter.
- You will see the Regedit.exe file in the programs list then open the file.
- When the registry editor window will appear then press ctrl + f from keyboard and type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS in the search text box then press enter.
- Then right click on the components and click on export. And then in the file name box type COMPONENTS. And save location is desktop.
- Come in the details pane and right click on PendingXmlIdentifier and delete. Then right click on NextQueueEntryIndex and delete it. Also delete the AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving file.
- Now restart your computer and try to download update again.
Given process is very risky because registry setting is the heart of the operating system if any unnecessary changes will occur then your computer gives another error.