When you try to update windows operating system then error code 0x800B001 show itself. Windows operating system has a great popularity and is a right choice for anybody. Many updates are launch ed everyday by Microsoft for all operating system with new features. But you know that many errors also occur in windows but most popular error is windows update error. You can fix windows error 0x800B001 here. This is an update error that occurs when you are updating windows. Causes of this error are described in the below paragraph.
How this error occur?
This issue generate when Microsoft windows update ignore or determines the cryptographic service provider that is unknown. This is the exact reason of the windows update error code 0x800B001. The symptom of the error is you will get an error message during updating the windows operating system. If you want to windows update then the removal of this error is necessary for you. It’s done when you will follow the steps given by me in this article. I am 100% sure you will not get this error again.
How to remove the error code 0x800B001
So simple steps described here for fix windows error 0x800B001. You have two options to resolve it first is that download Microsoft fix it from Microsoft website. This is a tool provided by Microsoft to remove windows update fix windows error 0x800B001. This is an easy option for you to remove this error but the internet connection is required for it. If you don’t have internet connection or you want to fix windows error 0x800B001 manually then you can choose second option. This option is generally for advance users. To solve this error you have to register the oftpub.dll, Wintrust.dll, Initpki.dll, and Mssip32.dl files. This is done by the following steps.
- Open notepad from run window or from all programs.
- You can type or copy the following command in the notepad. But no any character is missing there because if any character is missing or unnecessary space is given then it gives you error.
- Click on save as from the file menu and then give the name of this file Register.bat and give the location on desktop and then click on save button.
- After saving click double click on saved file. This will register the all dll files that you had been type in the notepad.
- Try to install update again I am sure that the update will successfully install on your computer.
regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s
As you seen the second process is through the batch programming. You have must to create a batch file with the code to register dll.