When try to press CTRL+ SHIFT+F3 to enter audit mode from the OOBE wizard in windows operating system viz., windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2 then you might be often get the error message on the system screen. That error message is display like that:
“Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer.”
This error message is very critical error when it occur on the computer then it might be fully damaged your system. So, it’s better to fix this critical error message as far as possible otherwise it may create many other problems to you and to your system as well. Sometime this kind of issue also occur on computer when you are deploying a windows image format (WIM) image of your windows operating system like windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2.
Why this kind of issue occurs on the windows operating system?
Usually this error message happens on the system due to huge variety reasons, but the most common reason behind this error are the misconfiguration of the applications, and your windows operating system could not finish configuring process. However, this problem also occurs by the running of harmful malicious programs in to your local computer system. Hence, you remove these malicious programs from your system sooner than later because these programs can damage your important data and due to this you may face several of error messages on the monitor screen.
How to fix windows error message when try to press CTRL+ SHIFT+F3 to enter audit mode from the OOBE wizard?
You can resolve error message when try to press CTRL+ SHIFT+F3 to enter audit mode from the OOBE wizard though two ways first by the manually or second by the third party repair tool. If you have some technical knowledge then you may try first way that is manual way otherwise you can use third party repair tool, because the fixing process of this error is very complex. Some of the helpful manual steps to repair this issue are given below:
- To identify the registry key that is stopping OOBE:
- You should start your system with a WinPE USB drive.
- Than after, navigate to C:\Windows\Panther.
- Now, find the Setup.etl file and after that copy this file on your USB drive.
- You should also copy it to your system (select an easy location C:\oobefile).
- Open a Command Prompt on your system and then navigate to C:\oobefile
- Now you can type tracerpt setup.etl -o logfile.csv (make sure, TechNet’s tracerpt full syntax)
- After this you close the command prompt and then open up logfile.csv in your text editor.
- Look through the log file for messages that show you “Failed to process reg key or one of its descendants”
- Lastly once you put the registry key delete it.
- To delete the registry key, do the following steps:
- On the error message screen, you should click Shift+F10 to get to a Command Prompt.
- Now type: REG DELETE in open box.
- And finally you can reboot your system.
If you still face error message then you can use third party repair tool on your system for the easily fixing of this issue.