If you are using windows 7 operating system based computer or laptop and you are using windows easy transfer to transfer the files in windows 7 then you may receive error message “Windows Easy Transfer couldn’t open the file” in windows 7. If you are getting Windows Easy Transfer couldn’t open the file error message in windows 7 then the error is easily fix by the given process to fix file transfer error in windows 7. The file transfer related error is very critical to remove. You can’t be able to transfer the file when you will face this error. The solution of windows easy transfer error is very must if you want to transfer the file in windows 7. The windows easy transfer is an application that is used to transfer the file in windows. The windows easy transfer application is available for all versions of operating system of windows.
Causes of windows easy transfer error in windows 7
When the spanned migration store files are not available in the same location then you may face windows easy transfer error when you transfer files in windows 7. It also may be the spanned migration store files are damage or corrupted or not available in the location I mean missing from there and you are getting the error when you are trying to transfer file from windows easy transfer in windows 7.
Solution of windows easy transfer error
There are three methods available for removal of the windows easy transfer error in which I have described the easiest way through which you are capable to fix file transfer error in windows 7. The process is given as below in step by step.
- Create a new folder in the desktop with the name of Migration Temp.
- Now click on start and then click on computer. Type *.mig* in the search box of my computer that is in the upper right corner and after that press enter.
- Chose all the files that comes in the search results and it insure that file have a *.mig extension then copy all files from here.
- Now open the Migration Temp folder that is created by you in the desktop and paste those files here.
- Now open the windows easy transfer and then locate to the Migration Temp folder location you are transferring the files and setting in the computer.