You may get 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c error on your windows 10/8/7, Vista, XP while installing, updating or removing application. Mostly this error occurs when you upgrade your old windows to Windows 10. This error may block you from doing some task on pc and may also block various system services. This cause unstable system performance and you will end with annoying experience. You may get the following error message:
Sorry, we couldn’t complete the update to windows 10 Technical Preview. We’ve restored your previous version of Windows to this PC. 0xC1900101 – 0x2000C
The main cause behind this error is :
Windows Setup encountered an unspecified error during Wim apply in the WinPE phase. This is generally caused by out-of-date drivers.
Solution is very simple. You need to find outdated and damaged driver then repair or update them. However, it is not easy to find corrupted or outdated driver manually because system may have hundreds of driver installed and it is really difficult to find culprit. The best way is to use System Optimizer Tool to fix 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c this error.
- Update Drivers: You must keep entire driver updated.
- Disconnect Peripherals: Disconnect all the peripherals except mouse, keyboard and monitor. Then reboot your pc and analyze the problem. If problem solved then you can easily find the area which was raising the problem.
- Safe Mode: Start your PC in safe mode to analyze problem. Safe mode is a option for windows user that opens windows using only recommended drivers and software. It ignores loading of additional driver and software. So, most probably you won’t get 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c error message on windows 10/8/7, XP or Vista.
- Repair Registry File: Don’t forget to repair registry file. System Registry file is responsible for keeping information about all the installed hardware, software and drivers. You must keep a backup of registry file before applying any experiments on it.
- Don’t Forget to Remove Virus: It is also necessary to scan your PC against spyware, adware, virus, Trojan, malware, rootkit.
Bottom of the Line:
In my recommendation, you must use Advanced System Repair Tool to fix 0xC1900101 – 0x2000c. This tool scans system deeply and lists all the outdated drivers, system files and bugs and gives you single button to fix all problems. It also removes virus, spyware, Trojan and other malwares. It is tested and found best tool.