When you open your windows operating system, then the boot manager reads the boot entries stored in the boot configuration data store to build them available for the boot loader and demonstrate a boot menu and if you have installed Microsoft office surface RT and upgrade it from the windows RT to the release version of the windows RT 8.1. Then you might be receiving the following error message on the screen prompt:
Your PC needs to be repaired.
The boot configuration data is missing some required information.
Error code: 0xc000000d
Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
You’ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you do not have any installation media (like a disk or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer”
Generally, this error message occurs in the absence of the booting or if the BSD files have gone missing or corrupted. It can be a result of incompatibility or interruption when installing windows patches.
Solve error code 0xc000000d?
You can solve this windows error code 0xc000000d either manually or via third party repair tool. Both are the best ways to fix this problem easily just only you can follow correctly or carefully all the steps. Here’s some manual step to fix this issue easily:
You should create the recovery drive, do the following:
1. You can connect the power supply to Surface and plug into an electrical outlet.
2. After this, insert your USB drive into the USB port on Surface RT.
3. Go to the right corner of the screen and then click on the Search.
4. After that in the search box, you should type recovery in the search box,
5. Now, click on Recovery, and then click on Create a recovery drive.
6. In the User Account Control dialog box, click on yes.
7. Click to choose Copy the recovery partition from the system to the recovery drive, and then click on next.
8. Click the USB drive you required to use, and then click on next.
9. After this click on Create and the recovery image or necessary recovery tools will be copied to your USB drive. Your Surface has to stay alert during the copy process, which will take 10 to 15 minutes.
10. After the recovery tools are copied, click on Finish.
If you are not satisfied with above these steps then you can use third party repair tool to easily fix this problem without any data loss or any difficulty.