In windows operating system you can install various software according to your requirement. When you are running your computer then a program called the Get Temp File name is used. This function is required to build a temporary file. When this application or function tries to build a duplicate file name, then before creating duplicate file name it checks whether the duplicate file name already exist or not. But sometimes this Get temp File Name application gets failed and you receive somewhat strange error message in your system screen like “Access to the path is denied. You do not have access to <filepath>.” This problem occurs in your system because the Get temp File Name application carries a duplicate file name incorrectly. This problem you will occasionally receive in Windows 7 and windows Server 2008. This is not a critical problem but you should fix this problem from further damage of your system.
What are the reasons for occurring this error?
- This error may occur due to the virus stored in your system because virus can corrupt all the system files as well as damage your system functions.
- Get temp File Name application which is used to create a duplicate file may carry the duplicate file name incorrectly.
- File which you want to keep a duplicate copy of it may be corrupted or damaged.
What are the symptoms?
When Get temp File Name application try to create a duplicate copy of file then it unable to create and gives you an error message “Access to the path is denied.
You do not have access to <filepath>” on your windows screen.
How to fix “GetTempFileName” function error?
If you want to solve this error manually then you won’t because it may be risky and very rarely successful. But if you follow the given below instructions then you will further not receive this problem. Watch the given below indications:-
- Simply maintain your system properly. Try avoiding downloading of pirate- bay from internet.
- Install the updates windows with the duration of two months.
- One most important thing is that keep updates your antivirus regularly so that your system must be free from virus.
- Check for the file which you want to create a duplicate file is correct.
If this error has affected your system seriously then from my opinion is request you to use third party repair tool. Third party repair tool is the powerful too which solve your windows problem easily. It is also safe to use.