- Are you getting error 0x800B0101?
- While restoring iPod getting this error?
- While connecting iPhone 4 or other iPhone with iTunes also getting this error?
- Are you getting 0x800B0101 while making windows update.
While connecting iPhone/iPod with iTunes you may suddenly get ITunes Unknown error 0x800B0101. There may be various reasons behind this error such as improper system settings such as wrong date and time, missing or corrupted system files as sys file, vxd file, ocx file, dll file etc. If you are getting this error then there are some easy methods are given in this article that may help you a lot to fix this error.
Cause and Fix
1. This error mostly occurs due to incorrect system date and time. Just sync your PC date and time with internet and analyze this error whether it is presenting again or not. In order to sync with internet time zone go through following steps:
a. Click on the time in the notification area in taskbar and click change date and time settings link.
b. Click Internet Time tab
c. Click Change Settings button.
d. Ensure that Synchronize with an Internet time server checkbox is selected and in server time.windows.com is selected.
e. Click Update Now button to update your system date and time automatically.
f. You must be connected with internet to update system date and time.
2. Another reason behind 0x800B0101 error is invalid security certificate. If system security for an update installed on your computer is invalid then you may be end with 0x800B0101 error each time. Download System Update Readiness Tool from Microsoft site and run this tool. You may also download third party advanced software to update your windows, drivers and all software. Download driver detective and updates all your windows in one click.
3. Another reason behind 0x800B0101 error is missing or damaged dll, exe, sys, ocx, vxd or other system files, improper or missing registry entry, outdated system drivers and so on. There may be also virus, Trojan or other malicious or destructive program running inside your PC. You must clean your system against this Trojan and run system optimizer tool. Advanced System Repair Tool might be best solution to fix 0x800B0101 error. It scans entire PC deeply and finds all the bugs and shows you list of entire errors. Just click Fix All button and fix all errors in single click. After that easily restore iPod, connect iPhone with iTunes or make windows updates without getting any error codes.