In the windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2, when you try to use credentials to map a drive to network share on a client computer system and when you perform an action that causes notification of input or output packet (irp) to be sent from the drive then you might be receive the following error message on the system screen prompt:
“Error 1219 ERROR_SESSION_CREDENTIAL_CONFLICT”
Generally this error very critical, usually this error message is also occurs when you disconnect the mapped drive from your system and when you try to map a drive to the network share by the using of different users credentials.
Causes of the error code 1219 on windows 7 or windows server 2008 r2
There are various reasons behind this error, but most probably this error arises on the system because a cached handle is not closed properly on the system and when the “do not allow storage of credentials or .net passports for network authentication” network access policy is enabled. So, you can fix this error message as soon as possible for the prevention of adverse effects of this error.
Resolution to fix windows error code 1219?
The windows error code 1219 notify us that there is an existing connection to the remote server established using a different user name to that entered in the performance explorer connection parameters. So, you should break the existing connection using the DOS command net use before attempting to local computer system, you can do the following:
- Click on the start menu, and then go to run.
- Type cmd in open box to open a command shell.
- Click ok.
- After that type net use \\machinename / delete.
- If you still facing this error message after the above steps then you can also follow these given below steps on the system:
- On the Management Server
- Click on the Start menu, go to Run
- Type gpedit.msc, and then click on ok.
- Now, under computer configuration and then you should expand Windows settings, expand Security Settings, expand Local Policies, after that expand Security Options.
- And then, in the policy pane, open Network access: Do not allow storage of credentials or .NET Passports for network authentication.
- Click on the Properties
- And finally, click on the disabled, and then click on ok.
If you are novice in the computer system settings then you should use third party repair tool to easily solve this windows error message from your system without any difficulty.