What is iastor.sys driver error?
While working on your system sometimes it happens that you might have received an iastor.sys file error message on your windows screen. Iastor.sys file is the driver which is the product of Intel Corporation and is located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. This driver helps which helps to communicate your computer with hardware or other system peripherals like mouse, keyboard, scanner etc and this driver also controls RAID and SATA hard disks. If this driver gets corrupted or accidently deleted from your computer then you are unable to perform system peripherals function even you connect it, presence of this file is also very important in your system. This error occurs similarly in all the versions of windows operating system.
What makes this error to occur?
iastor.sys file error occurs due to many reasons such as presence of virus in your system, due to corrupted or damaged file present in your system, iastor.sys driver gets missing or accidently deleted from your system, incomplete updates of windows OS, wrong entries in windows registry files, hardware problems.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to connect any device in your system then you might have received BSOD iastor.sys error in your windows screen. This error prevents your system to communicate with hardware.
How to fix iastor.sys error?
- You need to keep scanning of your antivirus that you have installed to protect your system from dangerous virus, Trojans, malwares etc.
- Proper maintaining of windows registry key should be done otherwise corruption of any file in windows registry make you to face many system problems.
- If this error is caused by system files then you can use follow this manual steps to fix it:-
- Click on start button and type cmd in the start search box.
- From the program list right click on the cmd .exe and then click on Run as Administrator.
- If you are asked for an administrator password then type password and click continue.
- In the command prompt type sfc/scanow and then press enter.
- Then close all and restart your computer.
4. You can also uninstall corrupted iastor.sys and re-install fresh one.
- You can download iastor.sys from Intel site and the commands “Automatically identifies and find drivers”
- Then select and download iastor.sys driver and save it to your desktop and install it.
- As the installation process completed then restarts your computer to get the changes in your system.
If you are unable to follow these manual instructions then you can use third party repair tool which is the most easiest and automatic way to remove iastor.sys errors.