What is mss32.dll error?
When you try to play audio or video songs then you might have received error “Cannot find [PATH]\mss32.dll” message on your windows screen and you not able to play a audio or video songs. This error occurs due to missing of mss32.dll file from your PC. Mss32.dll stands for Miles Sound System Library used by Win amp and multimedia applications for audio playbacks and many more applications installed in your system. If this mss32.dll error occurs that means that some important files in your computer have been corrupted or deleted. This error usually occurs due to the improper maintenance of system. It occurs occasionally in windows XP, windows 7 and windows 8.
What makes mss32.dll error to occur?
There are various reasons due to which mss32.dll error occurs:-
- Improper maintenance of your system will make deletion of many files from your system.
- Virus in your system makes this error to occur.
- Due to some changes in windows registry settings
- Incomplete installation of software or a program
- Due to outdated or corrupted software in your system.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to open or play any multimedia applications then you might have received error message on your screen prompt:-
“Cannot find [PATH]\mss32.dll”
This error prevents you from playing any multimedia items and mss32.dll error message might appear while windows start or shut down process, while installing certain programs.
How to remove mss32.dll error from your computer?
If you are suffering from this mss32.dll error then no need to worry you can solve it easily by following given below manual steps:-
- You can simply download mss32.dll from the dll library and save the mss32.dll file in computer desktop and copy it to windows c:\windows\system 32\mss32.dll.
- If it says already present and cannot be removed then simply you start your computer in safe mode and delete the installed mss32.dll.
- Then install the new downloaded mss32.dll file for this you need to register the dll
- Go to start and type c:\windows\system 32 mss32.dll in run command box.
- As this tab opens locate the current mss3.dll and delete it Then copy and paste the new mss32.dll in windows c:\windows\system 32 and then go to the start and type REGSVR32 c: windows system32 mss32.dll
- Then reboot your system.
- These manual steps will help you to fix mss32.dll errors.
If you are unable to follow these manual instructions then you can use third party repair tool which is the most easiest and automatic way to remove or fix mss32.dll errors.