Are you getting the following problems on your windows operating system?
- System freezes when booting after displaying windows XP logo?
- In safe mode booting system hangs after loading mup.sys
- System reboots continuously due to mup.sys error?
If you are facing such problems then surely operating system is under big trouble and your data may be lost any time. It is advisable to keep a backup of important data to a safe place.
What is mup.sys file?
Mup.sys is the very important system file that is used to boot OS properly. It loads several services and drivers. If this file gets corrupted or damaged then system may unable to boot and always hangs after loading mup.sys driver.
Why this file corrupted or damaged and how to fix it?
It is the most common question asked by computer user that why this file gets damaged and the way to fix it. In order to fix mup.sys boot error you may start your PC in safe mode but 90% system is unable to boot in safe mode.
- Installation of incompatible or outdated driver
- Hardware issue, hard disk or Ram failure
- Virus attacks
- Registry corruption
- Improper system shutdown
- Missing dll, exe, inf, vxd, ocx or sys files, etc.
Above is the most common reason by which system may unable to boot properly. However, if your system having mup.sys boot error then be prepared yourself for fresh installation of your PC. However, there are also few good ways that might fix mup.sys system freezes at boot easily.
1. It is sure that mup.sys file is deleted, damaged or corrupted. So, try installing this file manually. To do that, open your hard disk and insert in another system that has same configuration as previous OS. Replace the mup.sys files with fresh one and then re-insert in your PC. It might work and allows you to login your PC.
2. Second best option is to disable this file. However, disabling this file may stop various programs and services but you will be able to boot. Boot from windows XP CD and load recovery console. Select repair the first time it’s offered as an option. Log into the partition on the drive with your admin password. After login type ‘disable mup’ and hit enter and reboot your PC.
3. There may be faulty Ram installed. Remove Ram and clean its golden pin cover with smooth cotton cloth and reinsert it again.
4. If above ideas doesn’t work then make fresh installation of windows. It may cause permanent data loss but you can recover all the lost data from formatted partition.
Download Data Recovery Software
If you are able to boot your windows, then immediately install RegCure Pro and scan PC. It will find all the errors and missing files and replace with new one automatically. It may be best option to prevent this error from making further damage.