When you try to attempting to update links or images in the administration section of the WebView or WebPort then you may get the following error message on the windows screen:
“Registry Access Error: There was a problem reading or writing to or from the registry. Such as access denied or key doesn’t exists. Please see the FRx Web Port installation guide or call FRx Tech Support.”
Above error message also occur when you open a folder, update device driver, or installing windows 7 or vista and other versions. So, if you are facing this problem then this page provide you some useful information to repair your computer access denied error.
Causes of this windows error message?
Generally, this error message causes due to the IIS Lunch Process Account does not have access to the registry key in which the image and link settings are stored. This windows error message also occurred due to many other reasons like virus attacks, wrong registry key are also the main reasons behind this error message. So, you need to fix this error message as soon as possible for the prevention of further more problems related to this windows error or some system problems.
Easy ways to fix windows error message “Registry Access Error. There Was a Problem Reading or Writing to or From the Registry…”
When this error occurs on the system, you may not access your system properly or you cannot able to open immediately. You can fix or solve this error message through the following steps:
- Click on the start menu, and then click on the Run.
- Type regedt32 in the box and then click on the Ok.
- Click on the HKEY_USER on the local machine windows.
- Double click on the DEFAULT, then software, then FRxWebSetting, and then choose the FRxISAPIExtender key.
- On the security menu, press on the permissions.
- Click on the Add button. In the look in list, select the local machine.
- Scroll down until you find the IWAM_account, select the account, and then click the Add button.
- Then click on the Ok, in the permission section choose the full control box.
- The lunch process account must be able to read, create, and modify keys, so full control is required.
- And then click on the Ok to close the permissions for FRxISAPIExtender windows.
- Close the registry editor.
- You should update the links and images, the error should no longer occur.