What is RTlGina2.dll error?
While installing Net Gear W111 USB network adapter software you might have received RTlGina2.dll error message on your windows screen and you are unable to install this program to your computer. This error is normally seen when you log into windows and when the Net gear software overwrites the Msgina.dll on your computer. RTlGina2.dll is a file that is installed in your computer used by Net Gear W111 USB network adapter which help in communicate with all the internet data coming through the network adapter.
RTlGina2.dll error is very important file because is known to disable the welcome screen and fast user switching options on your system. RTlGina2.dll error occurs usually in windows XP because this error has tendency to overwrite one of the most important file on the windows XP. Hence this error appears similarly in all versions of Microsoft operating system.
What makes RTlGina2.dll error to occur?
- This error occurs due to the overwritten of files.
- It occurs when the Net Gear software overwrites the Msgina.dll file in your system.
- Sometimes this error is due to hardware problems.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to install Net Gear W111 network card then you receives this error on your windows screen and you are unable to install this software.
How to fix RTlGina2.dll error?
You can solve this error by following two methods:
1.By performing boot process to recovery console.
2.By attaching the drive to another system.
1. Boot to recovery console
- Insert windows installation CD in your CD/DVD drive.
- And click on the option Recovery console in the boot menu.
- In the recovery console, locate to C:\Windows\System32:
- Type the ren rtlgina2.dll rtlgina2.old to rename rtlgina.dll
- Then now we will create a backup of the registry’s system.
- And for this change the directory to the config folder.
- Then copy the system hive to second system.
- Then close the recovery console and you are allowed to get windows and now you have good backup for softwares and system files.
2. By attaching the drive to another system
- Open Windows Explorer and locate to the folder assigned drive letter:\windows\system32
- Check for Rtlgina2.dll and copy msgina.dll to the system desktop.
- Rename the desktop copy of msgina.dll to Rtlgina2.dll and then move the copy to the assigned drive letter:\Windows\System32 folder and follow the on screen instructions.
If you are unable to troubleshoot these manual steps then you need to use third party repair tool to fix RTlGina2.dll error.