What is a script error message?
When you try to run a program or an application in your system or when you try to access a web page then sometimes you might have received a script error message on your Pc screen. When a web developer uses the scripting language to build his website then it is sure that he has to face script errors. And the script is free from errors then the website will work very fine.Script error reports that your computer cannot understand or implement the command. This error also appears when you are surfing the internet. Script error occurs when there is problem within the source code on the page or problem in your system settings. Due to this error webpage gets slower to load.
Modern websites have files like images, movies, songs are embedded in their structure or framework and many more files included to enhance the design of the website. If website is designed with nominal amount of files and when you download any application from the site then the internet program will cut off the downloading and when the downloading gets cut then a script message will appear on your PC screen. Script error doesn’t allow the users to download a program or an application from the internet successfully.Script error is also generated by Internet Explorer browser when there is problem with Java script code on the website.
Why script error occurs?
- Incomplete updates of your installed operating system as well as browsers.
- If the hardware is outdated or corrupted
- If the drivers is outdated
- Present of virus in your system can damage your system files.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to download a webpage then sometimes you receive this error message:-
“Internet Explorer Script Error. An error has occurred in the script on line 1. Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page?
How to fix script error message from Internet Explorer?
When this error message appears and not shows any alert message about it then follow the steps:-
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the top menu, click on Tools and then internet options.
- Then click on Advanced Tabs.
- Tick on the “Disable Script Debugging” box.
- And locate the “Display a notification about every script error” and un tick the box beside it.
You should also remove temporary internet files from the internet explorer and to do this follow the steps:-
- Start Internet Explorer and form the tools menu click on Internet options.
- Click on the general tab.
- When the general windows page opens then from the Browsing History click on delete button
- Then from the Delete Browsing History box, select and tick the Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, History and then delete.
- Then click on close button and then click ok to exit Internet options dialog box.