What is windows error 0x800106ba?
Did you receive error message 0x800106ba during the windows start up process and when your desktop is being loaded? Windows error 0x800106ba is related to the windows defender. This error occurs when the defender fails because defender components interfere from another security essential. Due to this interference defender itself stops or its component gets corrupted and creates “windows defender application fails to initialize 0x800106ba” error on your windows screen. It appears in all the versions of Microsoft windows and has similar affects of it. This error occurs when windows defender utility is not updated correctly or its important files get missing.
Why windows error 0x800106ba occurs?
This windows error 0x800106ba occurs due to various reasons:-
- Files missing from windows defender utility
- Windows registry files get corrupted or damaged due to some issue.
- Virus present in your system will make important file gets corrupted.
- Incomplete updates of windows defender.
- Improper system shut down.
What are the symptoms?
- You might have received error message while starting windows “Windows Defender. Application failed to initialize 0x800106ba” on your windows screen.
- As this error appears continuously in your system then after your system performance gets slower down day by day.
- Unable to boot your system.
- System automatically restarts
- Stop program or an application from running smoothly.
How to fix windows error 0x800106ba?
To fix this windows error 0x800106ba you should follow these given below manual steps:-
- You have set windows defender service to automatic instead of disabled and for this you have follow these steps.
- Go to start and type services on the start search box.
- Program list will appear then from there select and click on the services.
- If it will ask you for password or conformation then type your password and click continue.
- Under services, double click on windows defender services.
- In the startup type box click on automatic and then click ok.
2.If this manual steps don’t remove your windows error then you can use this second method:-
- Go to start and appwiz.cpl in run command box and then click ok.
- Then from the listing click windows defender and then click on remove button
- Follow the displayed screen instructions to uninstall windows defender.
- Now download the fresh windows defender utility and save in your system and again reinstall it. And navigate the instructions prompted on your screen to complete the installation.
- After completing installation process, launch defender to check the errors.
If after following these steps again your receive windows error 0x800106ba then you can download third party repair tool to fix it .