When you install any of the Microsoft6 program in your system then sometimes you might have received error messages during the end of the installation process. This windows errors occurs if don’t have permissions to modify sections of the windows registry which is required to perform the act, which you are installing the program. If WebRoot software is installed in your system then this error occurs. This error can occur in any of the windows operating system versions. These windows error also occurs if Group policy high security template was functional to your system and if high security template limits opening of the given below following file:-
For Windows Vista or Windows 7
For Windows XP or Windows Server 2003
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\Opa12.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\Opa11.dat
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\Data.dat
What are the symptoms?
When you try to install any program of the Microsoft then at the end of the installation process you might have received any one of the following error message:-
“Error 1401: Setup cannot create Registry Key”
“Error 1402: Setup cannot open Registry Key”
“Error 1406: Setup cannot write the value to the registry key”
After completing installation process, when you try to open that program then you might have received following error message:-
“Microsoft program has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application.”
How to fix this windows error 1401?
- If you have installed WebRoot Spysweeper in your system then uninstall it.
- And to fix this error follow the given below steps:-
- By using an administrator user account log in to your computer.
- Then start Microsoft Windows Explorer and when the Explorer page opens then go to the organize menu. Form the organize menu click on the Folder and search options.
- Then click on the view tab and then click on the Hidden files and folders and from this folders click on the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- And to clear the Hide extensions for known file types check box click it.
- And again to clear the Hide protected operating system file (Recommended) check box click it and then click ok.
- Click on yes button on the Warning dialog box and C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Office\Data\ open this folder.
- If you have installed office 2007 then select the Opa12.datoption and right click on it . And if you have installed office 2003 then Select the Data.dat option and right click on it and then click on properties option.
- Under the properties, click on the security tab and then click on advanced option.
- Under the permissions entries lists, click Everyone option and then click on Edit option these all appears when you click on the permissions tab.
- Then click the full control check box and then four times click ok. And if the following given steps is unable to fix these windows error messages then from the following folder C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Office\Data remove the Opa12.dat, the Opa11.dat file or the Data.dat file.
You can also use third party repair to fix these windows error 1401 messages.