- Are you getting Windows Error Code 22 on your PC?
- How to fix The device is disabled error?
- Are you looking for a solution about how to fix this error?
The windows error code 22 is related to Device Manager that appear with a message “The device is disabled” error.
This error occurs when a hardware device is disabled in Device Manager. If you get this error first time on your PC then must apply following fixes to clean this error code. This error is very critical and occurs due to several another reasons that is mentioned below:
- When some device is deactivated this error occurs
- Some hardware device might be corrupted or damaged
- The installed device driver is incompatible and damaged
- Virus or Trojan running inside the PC
- Registry file might be corrupted or damaged.
- There may be missing dll, exe, sys or other system files, etc.
The above points are the most common issue by which windows error code 22 appears. However, there is also several fixes of this error so, there is no need to be worried. Apply or go through the following ways to fix “The device is disabled. (code 22) error”.
As it is known to all that this error is mostly occurs because of the disabling of some hardware devices. So try to enable device manually from Device manager. To open device manager right click on my computer icon and click properties. Select Device Manager from the left pane in windows 7 and Device Manager tab in windows xp. Now find the device that is disabled and right click on it and enable it.
Another smart fixes of error code 22 is given below:
- Clean registry files and remove bugs. It is very risky to repair registry file manually. Use Advanced System Repair Tool to repair corrupted or damaged registry file.
- Also scan entire PC with trusted and licensed antivirus program or malware cleaner and clean your PC from virus, Trojan or malware.
- There may be missing dll, exe, sys or other files that is causing this error. Run any system optimizer tool and fix system errors.
The best way to fix windows error code 22 or “The device is disabled” error from your PC is using the Advanced System Repair Tool utility. It is one of the best windows optimization software that scans entire PC deeply and find and fixes all the system errors in single click. Just download the trial version of this software and remove this error easily.