When you install a device in your computer then after completing the installation process when you try to open that device then sometimes you might have received “Device has not been installed correctly.” You can also receive this error when you install Windows Vista Service pack in your windows vista computer. This may be due to the corrupted driver file which is needed to install. This error is the common error which is familiar to the windows users. Due to this error you are unable to install any other hardware device in your system therefore you must fix this error.
Why this windows error occurs?
- It may happen that the driver of the device may be missing.
- It may also happen that driver may be corrupted or damaged due to the running of virus, malware, Trojans.
- Device driver may not be installed completely.
- Device driver may not be installed in the approved manner.
What are the symptoms?
“Device has not been installed correctly
Device unplugged” you receive this error message when you try to perform a program in your system.
How to fix this windows error?
First verify whether the device driver is installed completely and correctly or not in the windows device manager and to determine this follow the given below steps:-
- Click on start button and in the search box type Device manager and then press enter.
- When the device manager dialog box appears then from the lists of device types click on the option that is the type of device and navigate the following device which is not working.
- In case, if you get exclamation mark next to the name of the device which is not working then this means that device manager is unable to find the device driver.
- Then close device manager and draw on the windows update to find a device driver:-
- Click on start button and type windows update in the search box and then press enter.
- Then click on windows update and then click on the option that is check for updates.
- Click on view available updates to check whether updated drivers are present or not.
- If updates are present then click the driver which you want to install and then click Install.
- By this you can get your device driver and install it gain in your system.
- But if you don’t get device driver then install it and again re-install it.
Use third party repair tool to troubleshoot this error. This tool will automatically determine the reason for generating this windows error and fix it.