When you try to install the windows small business server 2003 update you will receive an error message. This error may occur if the ClientApps folder has been moved to another location. It shows an error message as “Cannot find path”. If you have modified the registry incorrectly then this error may occur. To resolve this issue update the ClientAppsRoot registry subkey and then add the new path of the ClientApps folder. Steps are given here to install the Windows Small Business Server 2003 update you will receive an error message.
When you install the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003update you will receive the following error message:
Cannot find path
This error occurs when the ClientApps folder has been moved to another location.
Manual Steps to Resolve:
Warning serious problems might occur if you want to modify the registry incorrectly with the help of registry editor or by using another method. These problems may require you to install the operating system. Microsoft can’t guarantee the problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
In order to resolve the issue update the ClientAppsRoot registry subkey and add the new path of the ClientApps folder. Follow the steps given here:
1. Log on to the windows Small Business Server 2003 based system by using an account that has administrative permissions.
2. Go to Start button and click on Run and type regedit and then click OK.
3. In the registry editor locate and then expand the registry subkey:
4. Double click on ClientAppsRoot.
5. In the Edit String dialog box, enter the correct path of ClientApps folder under Value data and then click on OK.
6. For example: If the ClientApps folder has been moved to drive D, the ClientAppsRoot data value is D:\ClientApps.
If the above steps don’t work then you can try third party tool Advanced System Repair Tool which is specially developed to solve the windows error and is a partner of Microsoft and specially developed to solve the Windows problem.