Did you receive windows error windows stop error 0X00000077 in your windows 7 or windows server 2008 R2? Windows stop error 0X00000077 occurs if your computer has outsized Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disk. If you are working on your system and due to some condition for the time being you have to leave your system then for this you will do the simple thing that is put your system in sleep mode or in hibernation mode but when you do this you and suddenly receive an error message then at that time you will get shocked. Don’t ignore the occurrence of this error because after time being your system will get slow and also you will not able to boot your system properly. This error also occurs when you try to resume your system form sleep or hibernation mode. This stop error infrequently occurs in windows 7 or windows server 2008 R2.
Why windows stop error 0X00000077 occurs?
- Windows stop error 0X00000077 occurs while resuming your system form sleep mode or hibernation mode at that time SATA hard disk needs the SATA hard disks which to be ready within 10 seconds. Though a large SATA hard disk may takes more time than 10 seconds to get ready and in this condition resume operation gets times out. This is the reason for generating of this error.
- When Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) hard disk size gets increased then this error occurs.
What are the symptoms?
When you try to put yoursystem in sleep mode or hibernation mode or when you try to resume your system from any of the given mode then you receive either of the following error message:-
How to fix windows stop error 0X00000077?
You need to use check disk command to fix this error and to perform this:-
- Click on start button and then type cmd in the search box and then press enter.
- When the command prompt command appears then right click on it and then select and click “ Run as Administrator.”
- Then type CHKDSK/P in the command prompt and then press enter. This process will scan the disk.
- Then to repair corrupted files type CHKDSK C: /F /R and then press enter.
- When the chkdsk process gets completed then boot your desktop and then check whether this error has been removed or not.
- But performing this chkdsk command is risky because any fault in the chkdsk process will corrupt your registry files.
So use third party repair tool which will not fix this error permanently but also it is secure for your system.