Microsoft Windows OS keeps on updating its Windows OS version that can be installed from Microsoft Update or Windows Update Web site. But sometimes when you attempt to install Windows update then you may be encountered with some error that is known as Windows Update Error. The Windows Update Error 0x737D is also one of the errors that occurred when you try to update your Windows OS from Microsoft Update or Windows Update Web site. See the symptoms, causes and manual steps to fix windows update error 0x737D as given below.
Symptoms of Windows Update Error 0x737D
If you are getting this error on your system while you are trying to updates by using Windows Update or Microsoft Update, then as the symptoms, you may get an error code 0x737D. You may additionally receive the following error message:
“SQL Server Setup cannot upgrade the specified instance because the previous upgrade did not complete.”
Cause of Windows Update Error 0x737D
You may get this error on your system because the installation of an update to SQL Server 2005 is not completed.
Manual Steps to Fix Windows Update Error 0x737D
If you want to resolve this Windows Update Error 0x737D then you have to complete the installation of the update to SQL Server 2005, and then just enable some additional updates by applying below steps.
1) Click Windows key >> Control Panel >> Programs >> select Programs and Features.
2) Select the instance of SQL Server 2005 to repair, and then click Change.
3) In the Component Selection window >> Database Engine >> click on the Next.
4) In the Feature Maintenance window >> Database Engine >> click on the Next.
5) In the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup window >> click on the Next.
6) In the System Configuration Check >> Click on the Next.
7) In the Change or Remove Instance window, click Complete the suspended installation.
8) In the Error and Usage Report Settings window >> click on the Next.
9) In the Ready to Update window >> click on the Install.
10) In the Setup Progress window >> click o n the Nest and then click on the Finish.
11) After the installation is complete, start Windows Update >> now check for the updates.
“Note: There are many versions of Microsoft Windows then the above steps may be different for your system. So, please check your product documentation to complete these steps.”
Apart from steps, if this error is occurred due to some damaged registry error or corrupted system files then you may also use the third party tool Advanced System Repair Tool to fix Windows Update Error 0x737D automatically.