Are you getting windows update error 0X80240020 when you try to install windows update? If you are then no need to worry here you will get the solutions to fix this windows update error 0X80240020. First of all let me explain why this error occurs and at which situation this error occurs? This error occurs when you appear to download updates from windows update website or from WSUS that is Windows server update services then at this time you get this windows update error. And this problem arises if the Automatic service cannot imitate the logged on user to complete downloading and installing for windows update. So now this error should be fixed so that you can install updates and make your PC running smooth.
Why this windows update error 0X80240020?
When you try to download updates then there is a service which is known as Automatic Updates Service which helps the logged on user to complete downloading and installing the updates but sometimes this automatic updates service unable to imitate the logged on user so that why this windows update error occurs.
What are the symptoms?
You receive this windows update error when you try to download and install windows updates Error: 0X80240020.
How to fix windows update error 0X80240020?
To fix this windows update error you have to assemble automatic updates service to download and install updates and if you are using windows server 2003 then follow the given below steps:-
- Click on start button and then click on the control panel.
- Under the control panel you will get the option that is Automatic updates then double click on it.
- Select and click on the following check box:-
- Keep my computer up to date. With this setting enabled, Windows Update software may be automatically updated prior to applying any other updates.
- And then click on the “Automatically download the updates, and install them on the schedule that I specify.”
- Now select the day and time which you want to download and install windows updates and then click on ok button.
And if you are using windows vista and windows server 2008 then do the following given below steps to configure Automatic updates service:-
- Click on start button and then type windows update in the search box, then press enter.
- When the windows updates page opens then click on the change settings option.
- Then click on the automatic updating option.
- Then click on the recommended updates and from their click on Include recommended updates when downloading, installing, or notifying me about updates check box so that you can receive important and recommended windows updates for your system.
- Then click on ok button.
- Then close all and try to download and install updates again.
Or use third party repair tool to fix this windows error 0x80240020 which will help you to fix this error easily.