- Are you getting “Xvid Video Codec has stopped working” error?
- Are you also getting “Windows has detected that your Xvid video codec is either corrupt or outdated” error?
- Are you looking for a solution of Xvid error?
You may get the following Xvid related error on your windows screen.
- Xvid Video Codec has stopped working
- Windows has detected that your Xvid video codec is either corrupt or outdated
- Your Xvid Codecs are out of date
Xvid codec is the very important file for Windows OS that is responsible for playing videos, creating thumbnail or video or image and in media preview. However, it controls graphic system of PC and corruption of this file may affect system graphics and viewing experience.
There might be several causes behind this error that is listed below.
- Corrupted Xvid video codec
- Corrupted or damaged XP media preview driver
- Registry malfunction
- Missing system files as necessary dll files or other files
- Malware activity
- Outdated system driver or other installed driver
How to fix Xvid codec error?
In order to fix Xvid Video Codec has stopped working error you may go through the following ways.
- Update Xvid codec driver
- Update Windows OS entire driver to latest version
- Remove malware, Trojan or virus from PC.
- You must clean registry file for bugs
- Reset image preview. Open command prompt and type regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll and hit enter.
- After that type regsvr32 hsimgvw.dll
- Now reset media preview. Open command prompt and type regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll and hit enter.
- Now type regsvr32.shmedia.dll and hit enter
There may be huge system problems inside your PC. So, you must clean your system from junk files, removes unnecessary files, clean memory, kill unwanted and unusable processes and application, reduce the load of startup item, remove virus, Trojan or malware and spyware, defrag hard drive and optimize your PC.
The best ways to fix all Xvid codec errors use Advanced System Repair Tool. It is one of the best solution that eliminates all the errors from windows OS and boost up system speed. It defrags hard drive, clean registry and memory, optimizes startup items, kills unnecessary processes and removes virus and Trojan. It scans entire PC and listed all the bugs. Now click fix all button and fix all errors from your PC.