In windows xp operating systems if you are getting Rtl8139.sys file missing or corrupt type error then don’t be frustrate. This error occurs in windows xp. This type of error occurs generally when you are working with your computer and performing some action like opening a website, working with an application then this error occurs and your working process suddenly stop. Due to this error your computer not works properly.
When this error occurs
When you are installing windows xp service pack 1 then due to installing period this error message occurs rtl8139.sys file missing or corrupt. Sometimes this error message also occurs when you are working with your computer and performing some tasks and action.
How this error occurs
This error occurs due to missing or corrupted file of network adapter driver. Due to installing windows xp service pack 1 windows installer requires a path to the Rtl8139.sys file. It may be the file is not available in the location, this error also occurs due to corruption of file. In this article i will give you the process how to fix windows error Rtl8139.sys file missing.
Fixing of Rtl8139.sys file missing
You can fix this error from many types. The all types to fix this error are given below. You can fix it manually. This process is for advance users because it is difficult. If you want to solve it manually then follow these steps: –
- After the installation xp service pack 1 when this error message occurred then close the message and extract the Rtl8139.sys file from driver.cab that is available on windows xp cd.
- Insert xp cd into optical drive. When welcome screen appears then click perform additional task.
- Click on browse cd and double click on the 1386 folder then double click on driver.cab. Click on Rtl8139.sys file and copy this file.
- Open windows explorer and go to the path c:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder
- Paste here the file that had been copied.
- Then right click in my computer and open its properties.
- Go to hardware tab and open device manager. Open network adapter and right click on it then update driver.
- Select install from a list or specific location and next.
- Select do not search i will choose the driver to install and then next.
- In network adaptor box click your network adapter and then next.
- And the follow the screen instruction and complete your installation process.
You can fix this error through downloading rtl8139.sys repair tool. This process easily fixed your problem. if you not satisfied with it you can also download Advanced System Repair Tool tool for removal of this error. This is the best tool for you. This tool not only remove this error, this tool also removes malwares, update driver and so many features built in it. This tool keeps your system neat and clean.