Sometimes you may have an error message about E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 on your system. Generally, this E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 occurs on your system when you try to restore a system by using System Recovery Option in Windows 7. In this article, How to Fix E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7, you will get the idea about the symptoms and solution of E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7.
You will get an error message with error code as given below, when this Error prompted on your system.
This error generally occurs in the below scenarios:
- When you create a system restore point by using the System Restore tool on your system that is running Windows 7.
- When you install the update 2572077 and then install update 2446710 or update 2518869.
- When you start your system by using the Windows 7 installation media or start your system in Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).
- When you try to restore your system to the system restore point that you created by using System Recovery Options.
Solution of E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7
1) Firstly, you have to install the Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows 7 on your system.
2) Now create the Windows RE image (Winre.wim) by following the below steps:
A) Press Windows key and select All Programs, and click on the Windows AIK.
B) Then right-click Deployment Tools Command Prompt, and click on the Run as administrator.
C) Now copy the Install.wim from Windows 7 installation media to a folder by running following commands:
copy D:\sources\install.wim C:\OS_Image
D) Then mount the Install.wim file by using the ImageX tool by running following command:
imageX /mountrw C:\OS_Image\install.wim 1 C:\OS_Image\mount
E) Now copy the Windows RE image (Einre.wim) from the mounted Windows 7 image to a folder by running the following commands:
md C:\ winre\mount
copy D:\ OS_Image\mount\windows\system32\recovery\winre.wim C:\winre\
F) Then unmount the mounted Windows 7 image after you copy the Windows RE image (Winre.wim) by running following command:
ImageX /unmount C:\OS_Image\mount
3) Now create a customized Windows RE medium by using the Winre.wim file
After done with the above steps, restart your system in normal mode. Still, if you are getting this E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7 then you must use the third party tool Advanced System Repair Toolto Fix E_UNEXPECTED 0x8000ffff Error in Windows 7.