How to rebuild missing operating system when you restart windows 2000 server?
About “missing operating system” which gives error message, when you restart windows 2000 server.
When you try to start your windows 2000 sever on your computer, you receive the following message: Missing operating system. Master Boot Record is the most important section section of the hard drive that is used by computer to start windows operating system. The startup process does not continue. This issue can be caused if the disc drivers are not set up properly or have been changed by any other program. This error can create critical problem to your PC.Therefore, it is very much necessary to fix this problem.
What makes to appear this problem?
- Disk drivers are not properly set up.
- The master Boot record (MBR) located on the hard drive may be corrupted.
- Invalid partition table.
- The system is infected by the boot sector virus.
- Non Microsoft operating system is installed on the system.
- The system had a hardware problem that has not yet corrected.
- You might have used the third party disc utility to create a non standard Mater Boot Record.
When you start your windows 2000 server computer you get the error
“Missing operating system”
Techniques to overcome from this problem?
There are two basic techniques for repairing the types of Boot problems
1. Manually repairing the disk’s partition table.
- Firstly text the Hard drives.
- Plug the AC Adapter into the Notebook PC.
- Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC.
- Press and hold the F10 key while you press the Power button to turn on the PC.
- After the BIOS Setup Utility is displayed, use the Right Arrow key to select the Tools menu.
- Select Hard Drive Self Test
- Press the Enter key to start the test.
- Then boot the windows from installation CD.
- When prompted to press R to start Recovery console
- Setup may prompt you as to which installation you want to repair. Select the installation of windows 2000 that failed to start.
- As the recovery console will load and password requirement is prompted on your screen please type the administrator’s password. Keep in mind this is often different from the domain administrator’s password.
- Once you type enter command prompt opens, type boot fig/list type FIXMBR and press enter to scan your hard drives for windows 2000 installation based.
Follow the instructions to add installations to the boot.ini.file.
2. Advanced System Repair Tool has what you need to clean error for missing operating system messages. The best way to improve your missing operating system performance is to start with a scan. This will tell you the current health status of your computer.
Download Advanced System Repair Tool tool from internet which can fix this problem in simple steps.
Once you follow these above instructions, you can easily fix boot problems.