Process to fix windows update error code is available in the solution that is available in this page. To fix windows update error code 80070652 you have to read the whole content briefly that I explained here. The error code 80070652 is very critical for removing and the process is very long to remove but the process that is explained here is in very easily steps. The steps given in the below lines.
How the error code 80070652 occurs
The error code occurs due to missing of dll files. You have to register some dll file to remove these types of update error. You will get the solution of error code 80070652 below.
Process to fix the update error code 80070652
To remove this error you have to reset the windows update component. To reset the windows update component manually follow these steps.
- To do this open command prompt. To open it click on start button then click on run then type cmd in the run window then press enter.
- In the command window type the following command and press enter after each command to execute it.
- You have to delete the qmgr*.dat files. To delete it type the following command in the command prompt and then press enter to execute.
- After these processes you have to rename some folders by using command prompt to rename it execute these commands.
- Now you have to reset the BITS service to complete this step run the following command in the command prompt.
- Type cd /d %windir%\system32 in the command prompt and then press enter.
- Now you have to register some dll files. type the following commands into the command prompt and then press enter after each and every command.
- Now reset Winsock by typing netsh winsock reset in the command prompt. Press enter after executing this command.
- If you are using windows xp then type and execute proxycfg.exe –d and if you are running another version then type netsh winhttp reset proxy to configure proxy setting.
- Now you have to restart the BITS and windows update service. To start it type and run the following command.
- If you are using windows vista then you have to run bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers command in the command prompt.
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download *.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak
sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
net start bits
net start wuauserv
Now restart the computer and try to windows update again the error will not received again.