You can fix BSOD error code 0x0000007e here but before the solution do you know about BSOD error if no then I will describe here about BSOD error. When you are working with your computer and suddenly your computer screen becomes blue with some error message then these types of error is called blue screen of death error. The blue screen is looks like the command prompt. Sometimes it automatically fixes by restart the computer but sometimes is very harmful for your computer. Generally the BSOD error occurs due to missing or corrupted driver files. Here, I mean in this page you will get the causes and resolution that is briefly explained.
How the BSOD error code 0x0000007e occurs
As I wrote in the above paragraph all the BSOD error comes through driver failure so this error also has the reason that is related to driver. When an error occurs in driver HTTP kernel-mode driver (HTTP.sys) then the error code 0x0000007e occurs. This error appears when any web application is running in the IIS server that means internet information services.
Fix BSOD error code 0x0000007e
If you are using windows 7 and thinking about how to fix 0x0000007e error code in windows 7 then I am describing you solution of this error. to remove this BSOD error you have to disable kernel Mode authentication from IIS manager. You can perform this operation from the given steps below.
- First of all you have to open inetmgr.exe to open it click on start button and then type inetmgr.exe in the program search text box and then press enter. Open the program from program search list.
- The window of IIS manager will be appear in your screen then expand server name and then expand web sites after that click on web site.
- After clicking on website double click on Authentication and then click on Windows Authentication and now click on advance setting that is available in the action pane.
- To clear the Enable Kernel-mode authentication click here.
- Now kernel mode authentication is disabled and you have to start again the HTTP service. To start it run the following command in command prompt.
NET STOP HTTP
NET START HTTP
After executing these commands the BSOD error code 0x0000007e will permanently removed from your system.