What is msvcr90.dll file error?
When you are trying to install any program then you might have received this msvcr90.dll error message on your windows screen and suddenly a question strikes in your mind that what is this and where from its origin? Let me tell you that this error message msvcr90.dll occurs due to the corrupted or accidental deletion of msvcr90.dll extension file. Msvcr90.dll is a file which works for Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Msvcr90.dll error message might appear while running or installing certain applications and it may also appear during windows installation. It is one of the necessary parts of the Dll file components and if this removed or get damaged then your computer has to face several problems. So, you need to fix this error immediately to prevent your system from further damage. It appears in all the versions of windows operating system like windows vista, windows XP, windows 7, windows 8.
Why msvcr90.dll error occurs in your system?
There are several reasons due to which msvcr90.dll error occurs such as:-
- Msvcr90.dll errors may be due to the corrupted or damaged msvcr90.dll file.
- Msvcr90.dll error may be due to the missing of msvcr90.dll file or manual change in dll file settings.
- Msvcr90.dll error also indicate a registry problem, it may happens that some files in windows registry gets corrupted or accidently deleted.
- Presence of virus in your system is one of the greatest reasons for occurring this msvcr90.dll error.
- Previous incomplete installation of a program or an application.
- Presence of old or outdated program in your system.
- Loss of any file can also lead this error.
- Copies of an individual file may be stored in different hard disk.
What are its symptoms?
While opening or installing a program, you might have received msvcr90.dll error message on your screen prompt:-
“Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: msvcr90.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again.”
This error makes your system slower down, loss a file in which you are working currently, during windows start and shut down this error usually appears in your screen prompt.
How to fix msvcr90.dll error?
Follow these manual steps to remove msvcr90.dll error from your system:-
- First you need to start your system in safe mode this mode will help you to complete any of the remaining steps if you are unable to access windows normally due to the occurrence of msvcr90.dll error.
- If your mscvr90.dll file is accidently deleted then you need to restore mscvr90.dll from recycle bin.
- If this error occurs due to the made change in file or configuration then you can also use system restore to get the recent system changes, a system restore can solve this error.
- If the msvcr90.dll DLL error occurs when you use a particular program, then reinstalling the program should replace the file.
- If you want to delete the missing or corrupt msvcr90.dll file then you can use the sfc /scan now System File Checker command to remove this corrupted file.
- You need to text your memory and then text hard drive because your computer’s memory and hard drive are easy to test and are the most likely components that might cause msvcr90.dll errors.
- Always keep updating antivirus to protect your system from harmful virus.
If this error occurs even after following these manual steps then use third party repair tool to fix it.