While receive the windows update error code 0x8007065e, it means that a file required by windows update is missing or damaged. A windows update error code 0x8007065e is the letter and number reference format of the error message in question.
Generally, a window error code 0x8007065e is appears on the all of the windows versions, such as windows 2000, windows 2003, and windows XP, server 2003 and latest versions of windows. This windows update error one of the more critical error as compare to other windows update error codes. This error code has become a frequent occurrence when updating windows. You will mainly encounter this windows update error code as a message on your PC screen each time the system will access the update files in the windows server or windows web site.
You known, the windows update occurs mainly for two main causes. One, the DLL files could be damaged or corrupted, misplaced or not registered at all. Two, there could be error in the Microsoft XML parser. Also the registry settings or values could be the one causing the issues, if it has broken or damaged files or values, unfinished uninstalls, infected with a virus, adware/spyware invasion, incomplete installations, improper deletion of software or hardware, improper shut down of the computer, deletion or corruption of Windows system files, then the system will send error message to your computer screen.
You can fix windows update error code try one of the following methods to resolve or repair the problem:
Method 1: You should run the DISM tool:
- Click start, go to search and type command prompt in this.
- In the list of results, click and hold or right click on the command prompt,
- And then tap or press on the Run as administrator.
- In the Administrator: command prompt iwindows, type the following commands:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- You can press on enter key after each command.
- To close the administrator: command prompt windows
- Tap or click on the close button.
- After the complete the above process, then run the windows update again.
Method 2: You should disable your firewall and anti-virus software and try again. Because some time running software also may cause this update error.
Method 3: You can always start your system in safe mode only.
Method 4: You should clean your system registry and repair corrupted or damaged elements.
Method 5: You should rerun the failed updates: in some cases, locating and re-running failed updates might clear up the problem. You can do this by opening:
- Control panel and then windows update.
- After this you click on the view update history.
- If you see the failed updates, you can try to download the files
- And then install them manually.
Hope it will work and solve the update issues easily. If above all the method cannot work properly then you should also use any third party repair tool to easily fix windows update error code 0x8007065e.