Did you receive “HL2.exe has stopped working error” on your screen while playing video games.
What is HL2.exe error?
While playing online games did you receive the error message HL2.exe has stopped working on your screen and finally the video game you are playing stop working. Actually the HL2.exe is the primary executable for Half-Life2 video game from Steam/Valve. HL2 exe error results from corruption of exe file or illegal entries in the registry corresponding to hL2 exe group. This error is very much irritating and creates annoying situation. This problem occurs in all versions of Microsoft windows.
What makes this error to occur?
- Certain anti-virus and anti spyware such as Avast, spyware Doctor etc have been confirmed to cause game crashes with source engine games.
- Any corruption caused in the registry hive can be a cause of hL2.exe application error.
- If you are playing online video games on your mobile it is unable to process graphically intense games require a large amount of system resources to run various mobile and display HL2.exe has stopped working.
Common HL2.exe errors are given below:-
HL2.exe groups are identified in the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ Windows.NET\Current Version\Hl2
How to recover HL2.exe error?
- First of all find the corrupted hL2.exe file and remove it and also try to delete the clientregistry.blob and Steam .dll files if it creates problem.
- Click on start and select and click control panel.
- Go to your computer’s Display Settings, found under Personalization in the Control Panel.
- Open the Advanced Settings. Find the tab which allows you to see your monitor’s refresh rate. Note this number.
- Right-click on TF2 in the Steam window, go to Properties, then Launch Options.
- And follow the instructions which displays on your screen.
If you are unable to follow above manual instructions then you can use third party repair tool.