Stop error code 0x0000009F or stop 0x9F is generally appears when your pc generation count mismatch between SBP3PORT driver and 1394OHCI driver. This error message is also known as blue screen of death and this BSOD error appears on your pc screen prompt with some description:
0x0000009F (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
The parameter value in the error message differs with configuration of the computer systems. Generally this windows error message occur when you restart your windows 7 based pc or windows server 2008 or windows server 2008 R2 based computer that has certain Wi-Fi drivers installed, the computer might be crash or damaged.
Stop error message normally appears for the many reasons behind this like hard ware malfunction or device driver problems; bad sector problem or bad system memory, malfunctioning power supply, components overheating, your windows update database was corrupted or damaged, some time duplicate files in your pc also create this error message on your pc, system registry files setting are incorrect or hardware over clocked beyond its specification or incompatible DLL files. In this case, your system will permanently work less, so, you need to fix or solve this windows error/ message urgentaly for prevention of some other problem related to it.
Easy way to solve windows error code 0x0000009F:
There are two ways to solve windows stop error code 0x0000009F, first one is: manual way or second one is automated way/ third party repair tool. Some of the main steps to fix windows stop error code 0x0000009F are listed below:
Modify or edit the registry setting:
- Go to start, then search box and type Devmgmt.msc
- Press on enter button.
- Expand Universal serial bus controllers.
- Locate or the double press on the USB2 enhanced host controller.
- Press on the advanced tab.
- Then press n device instance path in the property list.
- And again go to start and then search box or type Devmgmt.msc
- Then press on enter.
- Locate and the press on the following registry sub key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy&SUBSYS_zzzzvvvv&REV_ww\qqqqqqqq\Device Parameters
- On the edit menu, click on new and after this press on DWORD value.
- Type EnHcPeriodicIdle and press enter.
- Right press on EnHcPeriodicIdle and then click on modify.
- After this in the value data box type 0 and then hit on Ok button
- Finally, exit registry editor and then reboot the computer.
You remember self registry setting is very harmful to your computer because it may create your operating system fully damaged when some mistake in setting of registry.
If you are not fully satisfied with this way then you use third party repair tool or Advanced System Repair Tool software. This software is very powerful way to solve this windows stop error code easily. This software also provides many other function like fix file extension problem, update drivers etc.