This error occur when you try to install Windows installer software at that time this error occur and system unable to perform operation by sending a error message “ A fatal error occurred during installation”. 1603 installation error occur in the Windows XP and Windows 2000 operating system. This error basically occurs if the system account does not have any permission of on the path where have to install.
There are many types of issues of installation error. Some of them describe below.
- The SYSTEM account does not have any permission on that folder where you trying to install the Windows Installer Package.
- The folder that you are trying to install the installer package is encrypted.
- In the drive where the folder is exist and you are trying to install the Windows Installer package is a substitute drive so the error may occur.
Sometimes it is possible of occurring error code 1603 because of virus attack of your system, it is so harmful to your PC, it has capable to corrupt system core files from the Computer. Any file that is necessary to windows installer if it is not exist system unable to perform operation and send error message to the user.
What are the solutions of this error?
This Fatal error occurred during installation of an application due to invalid Installer setting in Microsoft. You can avoid this error by changing “Full Control” permission on “System Account.”
- Install a package to a folder that is not encrypted.
You can apply this method at that time when you try to install package to a folder which is encrypted.
- Install package which do not extract from the substitute drive
You can apply this method when you receive an error message due to of a drive that has the folder and you try to install the package from a substitute drive.
- Install Antivirus Software and keep protect from malware.
- Grant Full Control permissions to the SYSTEM account. (for Windows 2000 and Windows XP only)
- Double Click on my computer Icon
- Right click on the Drive where you want to install the Windows Installer Package.
- Click on Properties
- Then click on Security Tab
- If Simple File Sharing feature is turning on. Turn off this feature to continue.
You can fix this error by using this method if you are unable to get solution and want to know the easy way you can use advance technique develop Tool Advanced System Repair Tool Software to overcome this problem. It will fix installation error from your system as well as all windows related error within a very short time.