Windows 10/8/7 is most popular operating system around the world. It makes Input/Output much easier than other OS. Windows periodically release various security patches and updates that make Windows more secure and reliable. These updates are necessary to install otherwise your system may be at risk of attack. However, it gets smooth and easy to install windows updates but most of the time Windows Updates Fail to Install in Windows 10/8/7 with various types of error codes and error messages. In this article, I will tell you all the reasons and solution behind Windows Updates Fail or updates refuse to be downloaded.
Here is a list of Fixing, you try all until your problem get resolved.
1. Clean Junk Files and Reboot PC: Rebooting a computer is a most common fixing techniques behind any problems and believe me guys most of the time this trick works. If your PC gets unstable without no reason just remove Temporary Files and Internet Cache and Reboot your PC.
2. Disable Firewall and Antivirus: Antivirus and Firewall blocks the various system ports and verify each incoming connection to your PC. However, it is a great tool that blocks malicious attacks but sometimes it blocks updates too. Disable Firewall and Antivirus and then try to download updates in Windows 10/8/7.
3. Download Patches and KB: If you are getting an error message telling you to install some KB Patches like KB4012212, KB4012598, then search KB on Microsoft site and install them. These are tiny patches files that fix big problems of updates failed error.
4. Try Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft: You must try Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft. It will undo all the changes and reset setting to default. Here is a detailed guide to using Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft.
5. Use Advanced System Repair Tool: You must use Advanced System Repair Tool to fix Windows Update Error. It fixes all the dll, exe, ocx, sys and registry files and makes your system stable and performance. It is the Windows tuneup utility that repairs windows damages and fixes thousands of hidden issue.
6. Stop Cryptographic Service: Open Run Command and type Services.msc and Hit Enter. It will open Windows Service Manager. Here find Cryptographic Services and Stop them. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\Catroot and rename Catroot folder to Catroot_old. Now reboot your PC. It will create a fresh Catroot folder with all the default files and settings. Now try to Update Windows 10/8/7, hope you will not get any update failed error.
If you are getting Windows Updates Fail to Install in Windows 10/8/7 then going through the steps would help you a lot. If still, you are getting same problems then it is time to move towards some automatic solution. Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool Tuneup Utility and scan your PC for errors and problems. It will quickly scan the whole PC and then fix all them in a single click.