Error code 0x80246008 mostly occurs when you try to download updates from Microsoft update website, you might also receive an error message in service control manager event ID 7024 or when the background intelligent transfer service (BITS) is not running or when background intelligent transfer service cannot successfully connect to the web site, and it was terminated with the service-specific error “214792402 (0x80070002)”. In this case you may also get the error code that can show on your system includes one of the following error codes:
“Could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service on local computer
Error 126: The specified module could not be found.”
Also, when you press on the “Review your update history” and when you are view to %windows%\windowsupdate.log file; you may receive the following error code also:
You note that to view an error code after you click on the Review your update history; click the icon in the status column.
This window update error code 0x80246008 occurs when one of the following cases is true:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is not running.
- BITS cannot successfully connect to the Web site.
- Background intelligent transfer service is not started.
- BITS are configured incorrectly.
Below are given some useful method to help you to fix quickly this window update error code 0x80246008:
Method 1: To confirm that BITS is correctly configured and then start BITS, follow these processes:
- Open start menu, click on Run, type service.msc,
- Click OK.
- Double press on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
- In the start type box, press manual.
- And then click Apply.
- Press in the Log on tab, and then confirm that the service is enabled in every hardware profile that is listed.
- If the service is disabled in one or more hardware profiles. Click the hardware profile, press on the Enable.
- Then press on the Apply.
- Press on the General tab and then press on start.
If the BITS are start successfully, then you go to the windows update web site or the Microsoft update web site to obtain updates. If you are find any updates, then follow the steps 1to 5 again; so, in the step 4, press in the Automatic instead of Manual.
Method 2: You are not fulfil with the above method then you are also use third party repair tool for the most easily way to fix this windows update error code 0x80246008. This tool is very advance tool that can easily solve all the windows error within a minutes only or it also provide many more features to you like easily delete duplicates or unused files or folders, speed up your computer performance and etc.