If your system windows explorer could not be accessed during installing any program that means your system not work properly. This error occurs in windows operating system. Due to missing system files this problem has been occurs. When you are trying to install Microsoft office in your computer then a message will occurs in your computer ‘windows installer service could not be accessed’. This is very critical error. Peoples not understand this error and format his computer. But you can remove this error without formatting your computer. The causes and process to remove this error is given below paragraph.
How this error occurs
This error occurs due to missing system files. This is the main reason of this error. It is also occurs due to corruption of system files, attacking malwares and viruses, suddenly shutdown computer etc. there are so many reasons to occur this error but it not be explained in shortly here. So now focus on solution of windows installer service not be accessed error. The process is given below.
Process to solve this error
You can solve this error via many steps. First of all you have to check windows installer service is running or not. To check this follows these steps.
- Go to start and click run.
- In run window type msconfig and then press enter.
- System configuration utility window appear. Now click on services tab.
- Now check the windows installer in the list, it is running or not. If this service is stop then enable this and then restart your computer.
- Click on start and then open search, and then select all files and folders. Then give the file name Msiexec.exe and then search.
- In search window note the location of the searched file.
- Now open registry editor through run window by typing regedit.
- In the registry editor window press ctrl + f and then paste the given location.
- In the right panel double click on image path, the edit dialog box will be appearing. Give the path that you have noted above. And then ok. Close the registry editor window.
- And then restart your computer in safe mode. Click on start and then click run type msiexec /regserver and then press ok. Again restart your computer and try to reinstall office.
Now install your application. If windows installer is running and then you are getting this error then you have to re register windows installer. The steps are given below to re register windows installer.
You can also use another process that is via Reg cure pro tool to remove this error. This tool easily remover this error. This is the best option for you.