A run time error code 7 is a software or hardware issues, it occurs if you are running two or more software that are not compatible to each other. Windows error code 7 is very critical error that is occur on your windows system. This runtime error code can harsh your system badly, it create your system data loss, slow performance, problem in running any programs etc.
Windows runtime error 7 is generally occurring due to many reasons viz. Lose information in the file you are working on cause error in the files (corrupt the files) therefore you cannot work with it, or avoid you from using a feature. This error also caused by a conflict inside visual basic encoded programs. If you are trying to open the BoundText property of a data combo in visual basic code after you scroll down the listing of elements in its list portion until the currently choose element is no longer scheduled, the following error message are displayed on your system:
“Runtime error 7: Out of Memory”
Above error code are also caused due to the FM20.dll file being corrupted or damaged, FM20.dll file is used by visual basic to help encode various features and setting inside the programs you create. Or conflicts with TSR (Terminate and Stay Resident) programs or other running programs, software issues, memory issues and PC viruses are also the most common cause behinds the runtime error code 7. So, you can solve this error code through the helping of given steps.
To repair runtime error code 7 on windows OS
You can fix the runtime error code 7 by the removing or deleting the FM20.dll file from your application and then unregistering the comctl32.ocx file on your system. Here is what you ought to do:
- Remover or delete the FM20.dll file from your system application: If you have coded a program using visual basic to use the dynamic link library file (FM20.dll) then you should delete it, the reasons being is that it may cause several conflicts. To delete Dll files though these steps:
- Open start and the go to RUN.
- Type “cmd” in the run box
- Then press OK.
- Navigate to the exact location of the dll.
- After this type – “regsvr32/u fm20.dll”.
- Then click OK.
- Once you click on enter button, then a confirmation box will displays acknowledging that the process was successful.
- Unregister or delete “comctl32.ocx” files: Comctl32.ocx is a vital file used by Windows to control a variety of Visual Basic components on your system. To delete the file and re-register it on your system:
- Click on start button and go to Run.
- Type the these command : “regsvr32 -u comctl32.ocx”
- If you are get a message showing “DLL is not registered” press OK.
- After this, search files, through these steps:
- Go to start and then click search.
- Click all files and folders.
- And type comctl32.ocx in the ALL or part of the file name box.
- Select Local Hard Drives from the Look in drop down list.
- Make a note of the folder in which the Comctl32.ocx is in right click the Comctl32.ocx file and delete it.
If you are not satisfied with above steps then you can also use third party repair tool to easily repair out of memory error code 7 on windows.