Are you getting the following error message when you go for upgrading windows 10?
We couldn’t install Windows 10.
We’ve set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.
0xC1900101 – 0x30018
The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation
This error mostly appears when you upgrade your current OS to windows 10. This error simply stops current installation and rollback your operating system to previous version. In this article we will cover the solution of this bug so that you will be able to update or upgrade your PC.
The main cause of this error is a driver problem. The responsible driver is not responding to setup.exe during upgrade process. It might be due to incompatible hardware or driver, outdated driver or incompatible antivirus or other security program. You can solve this problem by tweaking your PC. If it doesn’t work then you must use Automatic Tool to fix this error.
- Eject additional Peripherals: This is step 1. You must eject all the additional peripherals like external hard drive, gaming console, USB device, network devices etc.
- Remove additional drivers: Only removing additional hardware is not enough. You also need to remove additional or extra drivers.
- Update all the Drivers: It is necessary steps. You must update all the installed drivers in your PC. Either you can do it manually or can use automatic driver update tool. You can download driver update tool here:
- Disable Antivirus and Malware scanner temporarily: Antivirus and Malware Scanner program might block connection with update center and thus you will end with 0xC1900101 – 0x30018 error. Temporarily block AV and Malware Scanner to overcome this issue.
- Run PC Optimizer Tool: You must run PC Optimizer Tool to fix dozens of different corner of your PC. There might be missing dll file, ocx file, sys file, registry entries etc inside PC. An Optimizer Tool scans PC for various types of bugs and fixes them. In this situation you can use Advanced System Repair Tool utility. It is tested and found much better than other optimizer tool.
Download Advanced System Repair Tool to fix Windows Update Error 0xC1900101 – 0x30018
- Restart your PC in Safe Mode: After fixing all the above bugs, start your PC in safe mode. Safe Mode only loads necessary driver and ignores additional drivers. Start upgrading process and most probably you won’t get error 0xC1900101 – 0x30018.