Windows Update error 80072ee7 occurs on the system when checking for the Operating System (OS) updates or also occurs while trying to update Windows Live Messenger. The error is displayed when the operating system is updated because a static internet protocol address for the Windows Update service is added to the computers hosts file which need to be changed for the service to be operational again
It is caused by the third party programs and add-ons applications which add static address entries to the file which cause the problem. It prevents the system from connecting to the appropriate Windows Update Server and so display the windows error 80072ee7. If this error is found in your system then fix this error very soon. Steps are given here to remove this error. Follow the steps to resolve this window error 80072ee7 completely from your system.
Steps to fix windows error 80072ee7 are given below:
If you want to fix windows error 80072ee7 from your system then you can use following steps to easily solve this error:
- Go to Start and click on “My Computer”.
- Now double click on the computer’s hard drive normally C drive.
- Select Windows folder on the local hard drive and then double click on “System32” folder.
- Select and open the “Drivers” folder and then double click on the “etc” folder.
- Now select the “hosts file” and right click on it, select Open and then select “Notepad”.
- Read all the information contained in the hosts file and if the #sign is not mentioned besides each Windows Update IP address in the file then remove the entry from the file by deleting the whole line of text which is associated with the data. Save the file when you have done with editing.
- Click on “Save” and run Windows Update to complete the fixing of the error 80072ee7.
- If still the system continues to display the error 80072ee7, then open antivirus program and select “disable” in the program’s configuration panel and then run Live Update again to complete fixing the error.
These manual steps are good and also works well but it is better to use third party tool Advanced System Repair Tool which is specially designed to completely solve the issue.