If you are getting error 0x80072efd while updating windows 10 then you must read this whole article thoroughly. Here, I will tell you some ultimate ways to fix Windows 10 Update Error 0x80072efd. No matter, how smooth your windows are running but you may get this problem suddenly.
Error(s) found: Code 0x80072EFD Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
What is the meaning of 0x80072efd error code?
Error code 0x80072efd means your PC is unable to connect with windows update server. This can be due to various reasons like virus attacks, misconfigured proxy settings, firewall blockage etc. In order to solve this problem, follow the given solutions.
Solution 1: Fix using Advanced Repair tool
Solution 2: Disable Proxy Server
Disabling Proxy server might fix this issue effectively. It is very easy to disable the proxy server. Just follow these steps.
Solution 3: Run Windows Update Trouble-shooter
This tool is like a super-tool for windows updates trouble. Trust me, it works most of the time and fixes any update error automatically. You must run this Troubleshooter once to fix update error 0x80072efd.
- Click on start menu and search for troubleshooting. It will open Troubleshooting windows.
- Click on Fix problems with Windows Update under System and Security
- Click Next and if prompted then select Try troubleshooting as an administrator.
- Wait for the diagnosis result and it will fix Windows Update Problems
Solution 4: Clean Boot Mode
Most of the time third-party drivers and software conflict with windows update thus resulting error code 0x80072efd. You must try to reboot PC in clean boot mode and then try to install updates. Here is the detailed guide to starting PC in clean boot mode.
Solution 5: (Best) Restart Windows Update Service
Restarting Windows Update service means restarting all the services that are responsible for installing updates successfully. Here, is the summarize steps to do it.
- Open Run windows by pressing Windows key + R simultaneously and then type services.msc and press Enter.
- Search for Windows Update, Right click > All Task > Restart
- Restart your PC and try to update again.
There are dozens of reasons that may raise windows update error 0x80072efd but there are also some tested ways to fix it in Windows 10 and 8/8.1. You must update all the installed drivers and software because an outdated tool creates problems in windows updates.