Can’t upgrade Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 due to Windows 10 Upgrade Error 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D? If you are facing such error code then don’t panic because there are some easy solutions that will fix this problem easily. Just read this article and apply the fixes in your PC. Better is to keep a print of this article in hand because your PC may be restart during repairing.
Error: “The installation failed in Second_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation.”
The main cause behind 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D error is:
- Your antivirus program is blocking connection
- You are using USB Drive to install Windows 10
- Installed Driver is not supporting Windows 10
- Outdated Driver and BIOS
- Registry key is damaged or corrupted
- Spyware or Malware inside PC.
Above is the list of most prominent reason behind 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D error. So, the fixing techniques are here that will help you to fix it easily.
- Disable Antivirus: You must disable antivirus and defender program before upgrading or updating windows 10. If you are running Norton 360 then remove it.
- Reset Windows Store: Open Run Command by pressing Win + R key together and type exe. Perform a clean boot.
- Disable all the services except Microsoft: Open Run Command again and type exe. It will open system configuration file. Select Service Tab and Checked the “Hide all Microsoft Services” and click the “Disable All” Button.
- Disable all the Startup Program: In the System Configuration File select startup Disable all startup program.
After cleanup PC it is time to repair PC Program.
- Eject All Peripherals: Eject all the accessories and peripherals attached to your PC like external hard drive, network media, joysticks, usb card reader/Pen Drive/DVD Writer, Bluetooth, Wireless Adapter etc.
- Remove Drivers: Remove the unnecessary driver also.
- Update Driver: It is main reason behind this error. You must update rest of the driver to latest version. The driver which is working perfectly with windows 7/8 might not be compatible with windows 10. In this situation when you upgrade your windows these drivers create problem and raises 0xC1900101 – 0x4000D error or “The installation failed in Second_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation.” Error.
If you are unable to find and updated driver you can use DriverFinder. It is small tool that automatically lists the entire installed driver with their update details and links to vendor site for update drivers.
- Update BIOS: You also check for updated version of your BIOS.
- Registry Repair: Fixing might not be complete without repairing Registry Errors. Registry is the one of the important file of windows that keep tracks of all installed software and hardware. When you remove any software and hardware the trails left behind in registry file. This might conflict with latest Windows OS and raising error. Use Advanced System Repair Tool Pro to clean registry error and all other bugs of your PC.
I hope after finishing entire steps you won’t get The installation failed in Second_Boot phase with an error during Migrate_Data operation. (0xC1900101 – 0x4000D) error again.