When you receive windows update error 0X80073712 it means a file is damaged or missing which is needed to update in the System. Windows cannot perform operation and send error message to the user and failed to install. When you try to install updates from Windows update website, at that time the error shown. This occurs also if the Component-Based Servicing manifest is corrupted or damage.
Which system get Affected?
When you try to install component from the Operating System if it is unable to install update due to corrupt file in the system it send error code to the user. It shows the symptom and sends Windows Error code: 0X80073712 and the update does not install.
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows Vista
- How to fix Windows Update Trouble shooter?
Step-1: Run the DISM tool
- Click Start then go to the Search box, type cmd.
- Enter command prompt in the search box.
- In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- In the Administrator Command Prompt window, enter the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command.
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.
- Run Windows Update again.
Windows start to scan if exist any corrupted file it will fix automatically. After finish refresh PC and shutdown or restart your system. After apply DISM Tool still there is no solution you may apply another step to get solution.
Step-2: Windows Update Trouble shooter
In windows 8, Microsoft has several Tools that help the user to identify and fix the issue with update. In the start option click on search -Type “Troubleshoot” (without the quotes) in the “Search” box. Click “Settings.” Then click “Troubleshooting.” Under “System and Security”, click “Fix problems with Windows Update.” At last run the trouble shooter, and then open Windows Update to try and install the update.
If you want to fix the error easily by using a third party here is a solution use Advanced System Repair Tool software which provides easy solution to fix all Windows related problem within a short time. It is so easy to down load and it provides sure success to the user from error code 0X80073712 problems.